Thursday 8 March 2012

Hello world, again...

It's been awhile since I've written anything. I still haven't heard a word from my "ex" wife. It's now been nearly a year since I last saw her. That's not entirely true... I had to renew my visa, so I went to immigration. I had all the necessary documents-- marriage certificate, family registry-- but when I gave the documents to the official, he asked if we had a daughter! Then there was a little problem with the fact we had two different addresses. The long and short, my six years of marriage is now under investigation for fraud.

As I was more concerned about this "daughter", I went to her parents' house to confront her about it. It turns out it's her niece from her brother's previous marriage. And the hostility! Holy shit. I still don't know what I did the provoke such a reaction and I probably never will know. 6 years of marriage wasn't all honey and roses, but there were some pretty good years in there. Enough, that I think I should at least get some civilized behaviour.

So as it stands, I've been an illegal immigrant in Korea for about 3 months now. I still don't have a job, although I do have an interview for one on Friday. I'm not sure I want to take the job though. I have to wake up at 6:30 am two days a week. Usually I'm just going to sleep at that time. I'm debating if an extra $400 a month is worth the hassle... although that would pay my rent at least. I was supposed to leave the country months ago, but due to many circumstances (that I will explain in later posts), that has been delayed until further notice. In the meantime, as well as dealing with the BS of trying to leave Korea, I have a new roommate. Chris found a job in China last month.

1 comment: