Friday 17 August 2012

(Day 28) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 15

It turns out I can't look at my box of books until Monday! I'm only allowed access to my stuff on Monday and Thursday. I've been here for two weeks now. And this is the first time I've heard of this rule. This is one of the things that drives me crazy about Koreans and Korea; all these weird rules that seem to be made up on the spot, but have apparently been in effect since the beginning of time. Then they act all surprised and indignant when you get upset because, even though nobody has told you the rules and they are not posted anywhere, you are expected to just know them because all Koreans know this stuff. I can't wait to get out of here. It would be awesome if I never had to talk or interact with another Korean ever again.

Going into the weekend, the population of our cell has changed again. We now have 1 Canadian, 1 Nigerian, 1 Pakistani, 1 Uzbekistan  1 Filipino, 1 Burmese, 1 Vietnamese, 1 Mongolian and 4 Chinese. Out of all of them, the Nigerian, Vietnamese and one of the Chinese, have been here since I arrived. All the rest are recent arrivals.

I've done a couple drawings using pointillism. It takes forever to do, which is great when you have a lot of time on your hands, like me, and it looks pretty cool. It's a technique that is perfect to use when you have all you have is a pen to draw with. I can see a lot more drawings using pointillism in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment