Wednesday 22 August 2012

(Day 32) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 19

Apparently, I should be going back to the Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility tomorrow to serve out the remainder of my original incarceration in March. The fine is now about $950 and I've already served 5 days so I should have about $700 for 14 days left and then I'll be sent back here to wait for a trial date for the other 3 offenses. Of course as is so typical of my time in Korea, I have no idea if I'll actually go anywhere tomorrow because no one has actually told me anything concrete. It was just mentioned in passing when the prosecutor came to visit me last week. As usual, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when they come don't come to pick me up. If it happens, a change of pace will be nice. I'm getting pretty bored here. I'm not real fond of the other inmates because I don't really have much in common with them nor do I speak any of the same languages as most of them and I can only watch so much TV or read. I'm getting cabin fever. The girl at the Embassy and my case worker have no clue if I'll go to the prison tomorrow, Thursday or Friday. Once again, I'm in Korean limbo. They do know I'll only be here in the prison 13 days and my next court date is more than a month away.

No comments:

Post a Comment